Wednesday, January 23, 2008

I Saw You Last Night, and it was...Weird

So, Mefloquine....depression - no, paranoia - no, seizures - no, insomnia - yep, nightmares - ofsorts. So I don't really sleep like I used to...I dream, and I dream A LOT! The dreams aren't really nightmares but they would make for really awkward situations in real life. I just have the most bizaare interactions with random people, most of whom I know quite well. For Example:

Last night I went shopping, not so weird right? Well maybe the fact that the people I went shopping with consisted of my father, 2 technicians from the school (Amanda and Randean) as well as myself. Now I wasn't really shopping...I was more of a fashion consultant. Amanda tried on a pair of jeans that were really just too high and tight making her look like an old woman.

The night before, I was sharing a bed with a friend. Now this bed was HUGE like I mean massive and I slept at a right angle to them, with my feet on their chest. Like what the heck? It's not that a lot happens it is just so awkward to think about when I wake up. To the person who this involves....I may tell you someday that it was you but at this point I just can't do it.

So that is what I deal with...everynight. It has been new people each night. The weirdest part is that they are sooo real. I wake up and I am embarassed that I may have actually done what I have dreamt. I guess that accounts for the "vivid" dreams everyone warned me about. If I haven't told you about a dream....it doesn't mean you haven't been in one. I think when I get to Uganda (in 9 days) they will get a little more nightmare-ish. Stay Tuned...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You better have dreams about me or else....

Randean said...

Amanda definately needs some fashion advice.

Anonymous said...

Kent, you never fail to be interesting. As usual you like to walk your own path.

Anonymous said...

This sounds strangely like the pregnancy-induced dreams I've been having lately. All seeming like they could be very real, but are just a little...off.