Thursday, September 23, 2010

The New Haircut!

So everyone here loves the hair of a Muzungu. Whether it is arm hair, head hair or even awkwardly enough chest hair! Ha ha. I love getting haircuts here because it is such a big event for them, that and the fact that it costs me $0.50 to get one (no joke). So today I went to a barber who's been wanting to cut my hair since last time and it was such a good experience well minus the actual haircut. As soon as I sat in the chair people kept passing the shop and screeching when they saw a white man sitting in the barber chair. As they passed they would ask the barber “Do you know what you are doing for a Munzungu?” and he would reply that he was a professional and knew how to cut any hair when in fact the answer was clearly NO!. Then people would stop in and try and get a look and feel of this white man’s hair. It’s a really bad picture here but you can see that there is a little boy and a woman. I think they both stayed for the whole event….totally enthralled!





The barber did the whole thing with the electric razor and cut it like a black man’s hair. I don’t know how to explain it but the best I can do is say that they trim ever so perfectly around the whole border of your hair. You can see from the side view picture how straight the edges around my ears and particularly at my temples are. He also did it around my widow’s peak to accentuate it I guess? I now have little tiny short hairs at the front of my head that I can’t help but keep playing with! Even if it grows back in a little weird I think it was worth the experience.
You can actually see the tan line from where he removed the hair at the front!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! That haircut really changes your looks.Love Mum

Anonymous said...

you will just have to join Kevin in shaving his head every week.... he claims it prevents him from going more grey. Not sure what it would do for you...Chantel