Monday, March 3, 2008

Ninkunda Muchomo

Which means "I love meat on a stick." They have this amazing meat here called Muchomo (Moo-choe-moe). I first fell in love with it when I heard the word. Muchomo! I would randomly call it out in our home and Hilda and Carol would laugh...MUCHOMO! But I had never actually tasted it. One night after being in the field late Boaz (my boss) was driving and I just shouted out MUCHOMO. He says "You like Muchomo?" To which I replied "I love the name". Then I explained that I had never been but loved saying the word. He turned the car immediately into "Lord's Bar" yep that's the name. They have all sorts of weird religiously named businesses "Love God Bakery", etc. (more on that at a later date). This was about a week and a half ago maybe? So we went, ate Muchomo and I even tried cooking it...



Now I am in love with it and I eat it every chance I get. Essentially it is a goat shishkabob but...there is some amazing spice (in all likelihood just a lot of salt) that they put on it that makes me keep wanting more. I need to stop...as of tonight I have eaten it three times in a row! Saturday, Sunday, and now Monday. Don't be surprised if my next picture is of me with a goatee, horns and all I can type is maaaaa maaaa! I think I need to lay off for a bit.

I have asked a few of the Muchomo makers to come back to Canada and make it for me and my new business. There is one guy who actually thinks I am taking him. He tells all his customers he is going to Canada...when they ask what for? To make Muchomo obviously. Then when they don't believe him he says ask that woman who lives with the Muzungo (Hilda). Ha ha ha...hope he isn't heart broken when I leave him and his goat meat on a stick behind.

5 comments:

Randean said...

I love the pictures!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Kent you are looking great I'm am relieved to know you found something you like to eat. At least I know you won't starve now. The horns and goatee ....I don't know about that. Things are good here. Love you soooooo much!!!! love mum xxxxoxoxoxoxoooooooooooooooxoxooxoxoxooxoxoxoooooooxxxx

Anonymous said...

Hey Kent. I love your stories! Sounds like you're having a blast.

Keep up the good work and keep smiling. Later buddy.

Torin

Kristal Dawn said...

i can't believe how much you look like the classic overseas doctor. you love khakis.

A & K's Trip said...

you look very similar to the guy painted on the side of the muchomo stand, just chuck a chef hat on and BAM, identical,