Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The Tooth Rat?

My little friend Nicholas lost his tooth last week. I have young friends you might say? Yes I do he is 7 and in grade 1 thank you very much. When I showed up to the Tea Room he came running out of the back pointing to the gap in his teeth. It appeared as though he lost his tooth. When I asked him where it went he went running to the back again and returned plopping his little tooth on to my hand. I wasn't sure what to do with it but he was sure that I should keep it. I wondered about the Tooth Fairy but when I explained to the others they just laughed and told me about their Tooth Rat. It is the story that this gigantic rat roams around the country looking for his lost tooth. He tries any and all teeth but always leave 100 UGS (less than a cent) in return for trying to use your tooth. We all agreed that Nicholas should leave his tooth under his pillow so that the rat could find it and that he could get some sweets the next day. When I returned in the morning I asked about the Tooth Rat but he hadn't yet come. Nicholas figures that like most people in this country he doesn't have enough money to take his tooth just yet. I figure the rat was scared of being caught or has already found his missing tooth and no longer needs Nicholas's.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kent, it's Kirby from Ebenezer. I JUST got your blog from Yuriko. Awesome reading, and I will be praying for you. Keep up the good work, and... Dance! Dance! Dance! You crazy Muzungo!

Randean said...

Hi Kent
I am getting sad that the blogs will soon end. We won't be able to read about multiple people in your car, many goats in your car and of coarse the public transportation van. Hope your last couple days are great. See you soon.
rrlr